Skip on over to my daughter's blog at Randomly Specific, and check out this great idea that she got from one of her favorite blogs. It's for a Christmas ornament exchange....I know, I know, it's early, but hey....realistically---Christmas is just around the corner!!!!
Come on all you guys...we've been blogging back and forth...let's take it further and go to the next level...."snail mail". in the form of a nice little festive package..........it'll be fun!!!!
It's simple, here are her rules.......
- Leave a comment on the bottom of her post with your blog address (if you have one) and your e-mail. *so, if you don't have a blog, just leave your name + email.
- You will have until OCT 31st to sign up, and then I will match everyone up with a buddy! She will send out an e-mail that shows who is matched up with who.
- It is your job then to e-mail your buddy, say hello, and get their mailing address.
- Once this is done.... comes the fun part! Go out and buy a super cool Christmas ornament! (Pier 1 and Michaels have some really cool ones, for example!) Price range $10-15. Please don't over or underspend - it can be tempting, but stay within budget so it's fair across the board!
- Your deadline is to have your ornament in the mail by NOV 15th! This way we will be sure everyone will get their surprise in time!
- When you get your ornament, take pictures and blog about it! Don't have a blog? Take a picture of it on your tree or somewhere in your house and e-mail it to the person who sent it to you and thank them :o)!
This will work best if lots of people participate..... so SPREAD THE WORD!
Rana is also adding a little bonus gift! It will be for a random participant ....more details to come on her blog later ;)
Now, sign up, spread the word, and shop for a super cute Christmas ornament!!
Maybe this will put you in the mood.....
|Have a special pet??...tell your "ornament swap" partner and you may get something like this!!|