Monday 6 August 2012

Awesome weekend with family and friends

 We had a fabulous weekend.  Rana, Mark & Bailey came on Friday night. 

This is our civic holiday weekend in Gambo.  There's tons for everyone to do.  
Since logging is a major part of our heritage in these parts, logger's competitions are a big component of the festivities.  There are events such as axe-throwing, log sawing and log rolling.  There was a Logger's Breakfast, outdoor dances, kid's activities and a great parade.  
The finale is a fireworks show on Monday night, that seems to get bigger and better every year. 

The weather has been wicked hot, so on Saturday we went to the beach.  Bailey had her first swim......pretty cute...






Another highlight from this weekend was a visit from my great-niece, Sophie.  She sure 
enjoyed our berry bushes....




She loves to make a grand production of smelling the flowers....
 

One of life's greatest simple pleasures has to be playing hide and seek with a small child...........

or "peek-a-boo"........


Giggles from a playing child are contagious.....
 

Getting tired now, though......


Cheers everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Kathleen, ohmygosh... these are gorgeous photos of Sophie!!! Beautiful child and the photos are SPECTACULAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much---I really enjoyed taking them

      Delete
  2. ohhhhh Sophie is SOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pics of Sophie; she has eyes to match the blueberries! I hope to try the s'mores recipe. I made banana chocolate chip muffins this morning as well as a pineapple cake. Not sure how that turned out yet as it was a new recipe.

    What kind of camera do you use? I have a Canon Rebel T1i. I like taking photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try the pineapple cake recipe, I'd much appreciate it if you could email the recipe to me.

      I use a Canon Rebel XS--I refer to my owner's manual regularly, and I find that helps me a lot.

      Delete
  4. Just seeing your Blog for the first time....I'm impressed sister.

    See you in a week, sister Trudy

    Oh and I love Olive, think I might get a ride on her?

    ReplyDelete