Tuesday 22 May 2012

Olive and olives!!

I've decided on a name for my new bike----It's Olive!!


Well. the bike is a cool olive green color and I just got it for Mother's Day....by the way-she is my first brand new bike....ever!!!  We always had bikes as kids, but for some unknown reason, I (the middle child--te he) never got a brand new one.  Now don't despair....I certainly didn't have to go to the local dump to find a bike to ride, but there was always a good bike that someone had outgrown that I could use.  

ANYWAY......the color of my bike is olive green and I have just recently acquired a love for olives.  I don't know why, but I just love them now....black and kalamata are my favorite.  I used to always pick off the olives in salads and stuff.....strange


So Olive and I went for a great little six mile ride morning.  It was really hot, but I'm glad I went early because now, at 3:45 pm, it is a sweet 31 degrees Celsius outside........but definitely not an ideal temperature for me to be riding bike.

Here's a picture of Olive....my sweet new ride!!!!!


I know---she's is so cool.


So after a visit with my mom this morning, to roller set her hair, and a bike ride, I came home and made myself a nice salad for lunch...just some field greens, black olives and few crumbs of feta cheese.  I added a splash of balsamic vinegar and it was Yuummmmy ;o)


After lunch I made a batch of muffins for my mom to take to a friend she is visiting this evening....

These are called Double Chocolate Knockout Muffins. 

Double Chocolate Knockout Muffins

3     squares Baker's semi-sweet chocolate
1/3 cup     vegetable oil
2     eggs
1 tsp     vanilla
1 1/3 cup skim milk
1 cup     flour
1 cup     chocolate wafer crumbs
1/2 cup     sugar
1 tsp     baking soda
1 1/2 tsp     baking powder
1 cup     semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350*.  Lightly grease muffin pan, or prepare with paper liners.
Melt chocolate with oil in microwave on medium power for 2 minutes.
Stir until completely melted, then add eggs, vanilla and milk, mixing well.

In another bowl, combine, flour, chocolate crumbs, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
Stir flour mixture in with wet ingredients and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips---do not overmix!

Spoon batter into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over top.

Bake for 18-20 minutes.  Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.

Happy Tuesday everyone
 ;o)

 

5 comments:

  1. You need a bell on your bike next. Love the colour. I've never seen chocolate wafer crumbs here in the UK. What are they? Your cakes look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know...I have been considering a bell...but I thought it would be too "Jessica Fletcher-ry" ha-ha. Although I do love that character in 'Murder, she wrote'

    As for chocolate wafer crumbs, they are simply crumbs of a chocolate flavored wafer cookie...similar to graham wafer crumbs, except chocolate. They are used as the base for most chocolate cheesecakes and many chocolate desserts.

    I Googled an image for you , but I can't seem to get it to paste into this reply.

    Thanks for your comments.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm- those muffins look yummmmmmmy.... now that i have the recipe maybe I will make some on my days off this thursday/friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific name and I love your new bike Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..."Olive" is the ultimate personal trainer----I can just come home and tuck her away in the garage until the next day---ha ha.

      I tell ya, I have to work a lot of muscles to get around on that one...and that's great!!

      Delete