Thursday 22 October 2015

Patridgeberry Tarts and Coconut Cream Pie

I love the patridgeberry.  I think it may be my year-round favorite.  It's quite tart and freezes exceptionally well, and  it tastes just as good after being frozen as when fresh.

I was fortunate enough to get to buy three gallons of the ruby-colored gems this fall.  On the weekend I made a small batch of jam and a few pies. Patridgeberry tarts was a staple in Newfoundland homes years ago. 

I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of making pastry, but when I do I usually make enough for a couple different types of pies.  This weekend, it was patridgeberry tarts and a coconut cream pie.








Cheers
:)

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for drooling, it's just that it all looks so delicious!
    I haven't picked partridgeberries, but I have memories of going up on the high ground above Portugal Cove and picking buckets of blueberries, freezing some, and making pies..... mmmmm, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, yummm, I'm not familiar with partridge berries but they sure look delish.

    You are making me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, yummm, I'm not familiar with partridge berries but they sure look delish.

    You are making me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness those pies looks delicious! I never heard of those berries that you mentioned Kathleen. I don't believe they have it here in where we live. The color surely is beautiful. I love anything coconut!!

    ReplyDelete